Feb 27, 2020
Posted by Amanda Erskine • Where To Drink
Craft beer is great and all, but there's something about a nice, craft cocktail that can elevate any night out. Lucky for us, Charlotte is crawling with some of the most talented cocktail artists, and our options for where we can enjoy a beautifully crafted drink are far and wide. Whether you're a cocktail aficionado, or just looking to get a drink that will really complement your Instagram feed, here are 14 of our favorite cocktail bars around the city.
- City Lights Rooftop: Located Uptown, with a 360-degree view of the city, this spot is sure to win you over with their colorful and light-up furniture and delicious concoctions.
Our recommendation: The Sparkle & Pop
- Crunkleton: A transplant from up the road in Chapel Hill, The Crunkleton has become a staple in the Elizabeth area of Charlotte, known for their delicious cocktails and intimate atmosphere.
Our recommendation: Elderflower Sour
- Dot, Dot, Dot: This award-winning spot, located behind Park Road Shopping Center has everything you could possibly want in a cocktail bar: Mood lighting, live jazz music, experienced bartenders, and delicious food.
Our recommendation: Mexican Firing Squad
- Elsewhere: Dedicated to those who have found their home in Charlotte but have come from elsewhere, this new concept by Wooden Robot Ownerswas envisioned as the perfect place to pop in and grab a pre-dinner or apres-dinner cocktail.
Our recommendation: The Roaring 20
- Haberdish: NoDa's hub for good 'ol Southern Cooking is also a hub for some pretty delicious cocktails. Whether you're looking to pair it with a family-style serving of mac-and cheese, or just enjoy it at the bar, the cocktails are sure to impress.
Our recommendation: The Honey Bee and the Buzzing Monk
- Farenheit: Another famous Charlotte rooftop bar known for it's views, fire pits, and proposals, has been serving up cocktails to this city for quite sometime. If you're looking for any of the above, Farenheit is the place to venture.
Our recommendation: Universally Accepted
- Member's Only: Plaza Midwood's newest cocktail bar is making a splash in Charlotte with it's whimsical design and Instagram-worthy wooden swing.
Our recommendation: The Member's Only
- Merchant & Trade: Yet another rooftop bar, this one provides views of BB&T ballpark, and quick access to some of the most delicious Italian food in Charlotte, should you choose to eat at Angeline's before or after your aperitif.
Our recommendation: Hot Crossed Buns
- Sophia's Lounge: Named for Queen Sophia Charlotte, this cocktail lounge located in The Ivey's Hotel, is fit for a queen. Lounge on velvet couches while sipping delicious and beautifully crafted cocktails that will make you feel like actual royalty.
Our recommendation: Queen City Collins
- Tattoo: A joint concept from Soul Gastrolounge Co-owners, this intimate cocktail bar is in the same space as new French-Mediterranean restaurant, Kiki Bistronome. Each month they feature a classic cocktail reimagined in all of the many different forms that it can be created in.
Our recommendation: The Cocktail of the Month
- The Punch Room: Another cocktail lounge that calls a hotel home, The Punch Room is a perfect stop for your next staycation at the Ritz. Here you can get spirit-based punches, and drinks served in a Porthole infuser.
Our recommendation: Sage On The Coast
- Zeppelin: Located in millennial wonderland, we mean South End, this restaurant pulls crowds constantly who are anxious to try the experimental cocktails and eat the mouth-watering food produced by this unique restaurant. We assure you that after your first visit, you'll want to come right back.
Our recommendation: Alexander Covington