Jul 09, 2019
Posted by Alissa DeRogatis • Where To Drink
Charlotte might not offer acres of grassy play areas for dogs, but they do offer a great amount of dog-friendly bars that your fur baby is sure to love as much as you do! Here are the best bars you can bring your dog to, some even off-leash, in Charlotte!
Photo Credit: Dog Bar Facebook
1. The Dog Bar. Located in NoDa just off the light rail, The Dog Bar is the perfect off leash spot for you and your fur baby if you live on the East side of Uptown, Plaza Midwood or NoDa. They have unbeatable daily specials that make for a great end of day pick me up. The Dog Bar is located at 3307 N Davidson St
2. Thomas Street Tavern. If you’ve never been to Thomas Street in Plaza Midwood, you’re missing out on a great outdoor spot this summer! Their back patio is huge with two outdoor bars, ping pong, cornhole, a ton of outdoor seating with ambiance from colorful string lighting. It’s a dog friendly bar, but make sure to keep your pup leashed. They also have the best bacon cheese fries in Charlotte, btw. Thomas Street Tavern is located at 1218 Thomas Ave.
Max & Lola Bodega Facebook
3. Max & Lola Bodega. Not only is the bodega named after the owner Holly Rodriguez’s two dogs, Max and Lola, but it also has a fenced in back patio. Did I mention this patio is off-leash? While your dog is living the dream, grab a CBD cocktail, a quick bite from their on-site foodtruck, Tacosaurus or snap some pictures of the artwork featured all around the property. Max & Lola Bodega is located at 1501 S Mint St
4. Seoul Food Meat Company. Seoul is one of the best spots in Southend year-round. They have a great patio, amazing drink list and a diverse menu that you won’t find anywhere else. But the best part is their fenced in dog run! During the hot months it’s shaded, which makes it one of the better options to bring your dog in the summer. Seoul Food Meat Company is located at 1400 S Church St.
Lucky Dog Bark and Brew Charlotte Facebook
5. Lucky Dog Bark & Brew. Lucky Dog has 3 locations: Charlotte, Steele Creek and Mooresville. Their Charlotte location sits down the street from Pinky’s Westside Grill. Not only are they the perfect Dog Daycare/Boarding facility to drop your dog off at on the way to work, but you can also stop into the bar area after pick-up or on the weekends and grab a much needed after work drink while your dog gets even more playtime. It’s the perfect place for pups and dog moms and dads to wind down. Lucky Dog Bark and Brew Charlotte is located at 2220 Thrift Rd.
*Cover photo from Lucky Dog Bark and Brew Website