Apr 03, 2019
Posted by Amanda Erskine • Nightlife Events
Spring has sprung, and you know what that means- Baseball season is back! I am truly not a sports person who goes to the game to watch the game. I’m all about the experience, and Knights baseball games are THE most fun sporting events to go to if you aren’t a sports fan. I’m sure they’re fun for sports fans too, but I can’t relate. This Thursday is the first game of the 2019 season, and attending one or many of our Triple-A White Sox affiliate team’s games is something you should include on your Charlotte bucket-list. If you’ve never been to a Knights game because you’re new to town, have never gotten around to going, or just don’t care enough about baseball to even waste your time, I’m providing you with the guide to attending your first Knights game.
1. If you want to watch the game but don’t necessarily want to deal with people continuously asking for you to stand so they can slide past you on their way to the bathrooms/concessions, then standing room only tickets are the way to go! Not to mention, the cheapest option for the folks on a strict budget! Get them for $9 and just stand in the designated area to watch the game or socialize.
2. Don’t like to go anywhere without your dog? The Knights have you covered. Each season, they set aside a handful of games where you and your furry friend can enjoy the game and meet all of the other dog parents of the city. Mark your calendars for Monday, April 8th, June 3rd, July 28th, and August 26th (A.K.A. National Dog Day!).
3. Go to Friday night games if you want to see some good ol’ fashioned baseball game fireworks. Every Friday, the Knights games will end with a literal bang, in the form of fireworks. It’s not quite the same as Disney’s $50 million per year budget show, but it’s pretty dang close.
4. Thirsty Thursdays are the best way to spend your Thursday. Every Thursday during the season, get $3 domestic beers, $5 craft beers, and $1 small sodas!
5. Try the signature Knight’s beer by Birdsong Brewing Company, All Knight Long. This 4.5% ABV Belgian ale will now be available for purchase at the park in cans, and also in select outlets across NC!
6. Sabor Latin Grill will be serving up Latin street food throughout the season. Get ready for empanadas, tacos, nachos, and Elote Loco (Mexican -style corn on the cob). Find Sabor near the third baseline!
7. Don’t pass up on getting Dippin’ Dots in a plastic Knights Hat. It’s tradition.
8. April 7TH is Homer the Dragon’s 30th birthday. Celebrate the Knight’s mascot, Homer, as he turns 30, flirty, and thriving. The first 2,000 fans will receive a Homer the Dragon Birthday Bobblehead that will be the perfect, new coffee table accessory.
9.There are 4 different opportunities to go home with a specialty bobblehead! Including Homer’s birthday, you can also be the lucky winner of a brand-new bobble head. The other dates are May 14th, June 9th, and July 27th.
10. Parking is available! If you insist on not taking an Uber or a Lyft to the game, there are a handful of parking decks around the stadium to choose from that are within walking-distance.
*Cover photo by: milb.com